GroupWise, MyID/MasterID, and WVUID Requests
GroupWise and MyID (aka MasterID) accounts will be created automatically for WVU-paid employees, and a WVUID (700#) will be generated automatically for WVU-paid employees, also.
Extension employees not paid by WVU will need to download and complete the Employee Information form to get GroupWise and MasterID accounts and to get a Courtesy Assignment and WVUID (700#).Steps to Complete the Request for a MyID/MasterID Account, GroupWise Account, and/or Courtesy Assignment:
- Complete the form.
- Add your current MyID/MasterID if you have one (e.g., account used for slate) by the email address.
- Add your office address and phone number to the form.
- Add your supervisor’s name to the form.
- Add your Social Security Number (SSN) to the form. (If you are uneasy sending your SSN through the mail, call Jan Norman with this information. Or, fax the form to the number below.)
- Send or fax to:
EBO/Extension Human Resources
ATTN: Jan Norman
410 Knapp Hall
PO Box 6031
Morgantown WV 26506-6031
- If it’s been more than a week since you mailed/faxed your form, check the status of the account by e-mailing EHRpayroll or calling 304-293-8952.
Your MyID/MasterID account is the one that allows you to login to the West Virginia University Intranet, MyAccess, slate, and other WVU resources that require authentication. Your MasterID is also known as your “Active Directory (AD)” account and may be used as your network login account.
Check out Accounts at WVU for more information about other accounts you might have at WVU.
eXtensionIDs are currently limited to individuals closely associated with the U.S. Cooperative Extension system (either those working at a Land-Grant Institution, State college or U.S. Government personnel affiliated with Cooperative Extension), or individuals in Extension-related organizations workings on projects with Cooperative Extension staff.